Current Version: Clean and Mean 3.1
Clean and Mean is no longer supported. If anyone wants to take over this theme, just contact me and I will be happy to hand over the key.
Clean and Mean is a clean theme for mean content. It attempts to bring out the importance in your blog’s content while looking as sleek as possible. CnM has been designed to make finding content a breeze, especially for new visitors, thanks to its native support for many content-focused plugins. It’s also customizable to fit your style.
As of version 3.0, Clean and Mean now supports an optional third column.
Want to see more screenshots or share a Clean and Mean screenshot with others? Check out the Clean and Mean Flickr group.
Clean and Mean supports several plugins right out of the box. Just install and enable any one of the following plugins and CnM will handle the rest.
- Brian’s Latest Comments
- Code Auto Escape
- Popularity Contest
- Quote Comment 1.11 (Older Version, but Better in My Opinion)
- Related Posts
- Subscribe to Comments
- WP Grins
Clean and Mean includes a few page templates to help you out. Inside you’ll find the following temples:
- Archives – Template which will output your archives in a handy list format. Highly recommended to use since the archives are not in the sidebar.
- Default with Comments – Template used to add comments to any of your pages.
- Redirect – Just add a custom field with the key redirect and a value of a URL, and CnM will create a page which links to an external URL. Useful for adding links to your navigation bar.
Download Clean and Mean
Current Version: 3.1
WordPress 2.5 or Greater Required
WordPress 2.6 Compatible
If you want to customize Clean and Mean, download the following ZIP archive. Inside you’ll find two Photoshop files used for customizing the header and changing the menu bar color. That should get you off to a good start in making Clean and Mean your own site design.
3.1 – Feature Addition
- Fixes minor compatibility issues with WordPress 2.5.
- Adds support for WordPress 2.5 native Gravatars.
- Files changed: Most of them. If you modified a previous version, I highly recommend starting fresh.
3.0 – Feature Addition
- Adds support for a third column. To add the third column, visit the Theme Options page under Presentation.
- Adds sidebar meta data for users not using widgets.
- Removes the “Tagged” sidebar header if a post contains no tags.
- Adds pingback information to the header.
- Fixes previous and next links not appearing on certain archive pages.
- Fixes the category archive list appearance in the Archives page template.
- Files changed: Most of them. If you modified CnM 1.x or 2.0 it is recommend to start fresh with 3.0.
2.0 – Feature Addition
- Adds support for WordPress 2.3 tagging.
- Adds support for WordPress sidebar widgets.
- Replaces deprecated template functions with their replacements.
- Removes support for Ultimate Tag Warrior due to 2.3 tagging.
- Files changed: Most of them. If you modified CnM 1.x it is recommend to start fresh with 2.0.
1.1 – Feature Addition
- Will now display your blog title in the header.
- Files changed: header.php, style.css, ie.css
1.02 – Bug Fix
- Fixes spacing issue in Archives page when Ultimate Tag Warrior does not exist.
- Removes development comment from style.php.
- Files changed: page-archives.php, style.css (line 1).
1.01 – Bug Fix
- Fixes an error in the sidebar that occurred when you had the Popular Posts plugin enabled, but did not have Ultimate Tag Warrior.
- Note: If you have already customized CnM, you only need to replace/edit the sidebar.php file.
1.0 – Initial Release
Here are some CSS classes which you may find helpful when writing your posts.
- noborder – Removes the border from an image.
- left, center, right – Floats an image to the specified direction and provides padding so content does not get close to the image.
- alignleft, alignmiddle, alignright – Moves an object to the specified direction.
- more – Apply to headers immediately following a to get rid of addition spacing created.
- alert – Styles a box to bring attention to it.